Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Butterfly Storytime

To celebrate the first day of Spring, I was all about caterpillars turning into butterflies for this story time. 

The Books:
Butterfly, Butterfly by Petr Horacek
 Butterfly, Butterfly has a great pop-up butterfly at the end of the story!
Good Night, Sweet Butterflies by Dawn Bentley

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
 Flannelboard: The Very Hungry Caterpillar
I made everything from the story out of felt and I have a great puppet of the butterfly at the end of the book, but of course, I can't find it! I love this story, so I'll use the flannelboard again this summer and hopefully I'll find the puppet by then!
All the food the caterpillar eats. 1 apple, 2 pears, 3 plums, 4 strawberries, 5 oranges, a piece of chocolate cake, an ice cream cone, a pickle, a slice of swiss cheese, slice of salami, a lollipop, a piece of cherry pie, sausage, a cupcake, and a slice of watermelon!

Big fat caterpillar ready for his cocoon!

I love this one because it has so many pieces. Most of the kids got to put up more than one piece of food.

What was in the Memory Box?
One of the oranges that the Very Hungry Caterpillar ate!


The Craft: Coffee filter butterflies

Mine is boring because I didn't paint it, but I gave the kids watercolor paint and they loved being able to make multicolored butterflies.





No comments:

Post a Comment