Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Robot Story Time

I found two cute picture books about robots while shifting/shelf reading the picture books and after finding "robot parts" online, I thought I could have a robot themed story time. I didn't do much for this story time because I had a meeting to go to and I didn't want to cancel story time for it. Since R Robot Saves Lunch is a little wordy, I stuck with only reading two books and we talked about what kind of robot we would like to have.

The Books:

Hello, Robots by Bob Staake

R Robot Saves Lunch by Nicholas Kuszyk
What was in the Memory Box? RAIN!
The robots in Hello, Robots get all discombobulated after being out in the rain and have to exchange heads.





Craft: 
I did another easy craft just like with the Snowmen. I gave everyone a colored piece of construction paper and gave the kids assorted "robot parts" to color and assemble with glue onto the paper. I don't have a photo of this either because I didn't make an example since I didn't want the kids to have robots that all looked like mine. There were some creative robots!

No comments:

Post a Comment