Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jan Thomas Story Time

I was pressed for time and found this week's theme from what was on the bookshelf in my office. Jan Thomas is an author I revisit a lot for fun story time reads. I grabbed the books I had, made up a quick craft using the activities available on her website and I was ready for story time!  

The Books: 

Is Everyone Ready for Fun? by Jan Thomas

Let's Count Goats! by Jan Thomas & Mem Fox

What Will Fat Cat Sit On? by Jan Thomas

 Favorite: What Will Fat Cat Sit On? was the favorite by a landslide. I actually had this on my bookshelf to make it into a flannel board story when I had the chance. 

What was in the Memory Box? 
I was going to hide a couch from my childhood dollhouse, but I forgot to bring it in on story time day and used a felt cow instead. The kids always think it is going to be whatever they saw last week!


Craft:  
I used the activity "Draw Some Faces" on Jan Thomas's website and made it into a book. The parents liked the craft because they all agreed with disgust and laughter that their kids would totally eat ice cream that was covered in hair/licked by a dog.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment